Saturday, October 31, 2015

Inspiration Pic

Hi all!  Yesterday I got a Brighton catalog in the mail and was immediately drawn to this large handbag:

BrightonInspiration

I was so inspired, I decided to make a card based on it.  Here’s what I came up with:

LargePeonyOne1

I used The Ton’s Large Peony 1 and Fresh Cut Dahlias (sentiment), the Folk Art Medallion set from WMS, and also the Circular Lattice stencil from Prima.  I sponged white pigment ink through the stencil to make a guide for my stamping.  I then stamped 2 different little motifs from the Medallion set to make up the background.

I stamped the peony on watercolor paper and watercolored with Distress Inks (Festive Berries and Black Soot), then cut it out with my ScanNCut2.  I added the sentiment on a fishtail banner, then popped up the peony with foam tape.

This is for SSS Work It Wednesday – Thank you cards and Shopping Our Stash – no patterned paper.  I hope you like it and TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You rocked this one!! Love your card and inspiration photo! Thanks for explaining how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on that inspiration pic, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Go Paperless" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!