Saturday, September 12, 2015

Aloha

Hi all!  I’m here with my second entry into the MFT Card Design Superstar Contest:

PolynesianParadise2

I used Birdie Brown’s Polynesian Paradise – almost the entire set!  I stamped the girl with white ink on black pastel paper (the smooth side) and colored her with Luminance pencils.  For the background, I stamped all of the image stamps from the set (except the hula girl) in yellow ink on matching yellow cardstock to make my own “patterned paper.”  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  The panel was cut with a die from Blueprints 13.  I hope you like it and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely adorable. I hope you win! I am just popping by to tell you that I have seen quite a few of your Misti videos, as I am probably the last girl on the planet to buy one of them, and I have found them so enormously helpful in figuring out how to use the Misti and all the wonderful things the Misti can do. Thank you so much for those videos. The one I just watched had you use something you called an Eclipse mat, when you were gluing down a 'thanks' die cut, after stamping a background using a Mama Elephant Chevron stamp. I want to get that mat and zig glue pen that you used, and was wondering if you could take a look at this link for the mat and just confirm to me that I am looking at the same mat you used in your video.....
    http://www.amazon.com/Sizzix-eclips-Accessory-Cutting-Pack/dp/B0041V6JQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1442106640&sr=1-1&keywords=eclipse+mat

    Thanks so much. I am continuing to go through all your videos, and tomorrow I plan to cut my gridded templates from those quilting mats you featured in a different video.

    thanks (joyce dot mehrberg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!