Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Project Life on Cards

Hi all!  The PL Honey Core Kit is one of my all time faves!  I just love the bright colors and fun designs.  But I can only use so much of it in my PL albums, so I decided to try using some of the supplies on my cards.  I looked through the 4x6 title cards and came across this one:

Hooties1b

I love that cloud design!!  I thought it would make a good backdrop for a card, so I cut it down to 3x4 with my Journaled Weekly die set and made this card:

Hooties1a

I used the biggest owl from Hooties and its matching die set.  I stamped him with Memento ink and colored with Copics on x-Press It blending paper (I got a bunch and have been trying it out lately – still not sure if I like it better than plain old Georgia Pacific cardstock from Walmart).  I stamped the branch in Chocolate Chip ink on Creamy Caramel cardstock and cut it out.  The sentiment is from Word Salad and the heart balloon die is from the Party Kit dies.  I finished it off with an A|S button tied with crochet thread.

This is also for Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes with Buttons, Divas by Design – Buttons and Bows, and MarkerPOP – Anything Goes using Markers.  I hope you like it and TFL!

5 comments:

  1. Great card - it fits the House of cards challenge perfectly - you could link it up there if you want! Hugs, Cornelia
    http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/03/march-challenge-2-cas-andor-classic.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! The contrast between the expression on the owl's face and the greeting just makes me laugh. He just looks so serious! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maureen, super cute image and I love how you've coloured it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen,
    This looks fab. Love the paper & the feathery colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!